IIASA will host the project partners and stakeholders of MOSAIC (Managing protective forests facIng clImate change compound events) for their first project management meeting and technical workshop. The event's aims are to cover issues of climate change data mining and structuring, with a focus on data freely available and its condition of uses; project storage infrastructure; downscaling and upscaling processes; and possible exchanges with relevant networks.
As part of the meeting, participants will join discussions in Laxenburg on work package progress, updates, and future plans. In addition, an exciting excursion is also in the books: participants will join a trip to the nearby Hirschwang region for a hike and talk about the recent wildfire which occurred there. This will spark discussions on the role of forests in managing and mitigating climate change hazards in the alpine space.
- National Research Institute for Agriculture, Food and the Environment (Lead partner)
- French National Forest Service
- University of Torino
- University of Padova
- Veneto Region
- Federal Research and Training Centre for Forests, Natural Hazards and Landscape Austria
- University of Ljubljana
- Slovenia Forest Service
- Bern University of Applied Sciences / HAFL
- Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research
- University of Göttingen
06 December 2023 Vienna, Austria and online
11 December 2023 zoom webinar AND the Japanese Pavilion at the COP28