Renowned IIASA demographer Wolfgang Lutz will present his new book "Advanced Introduction to Demography" at the high-level expert meeting and online launch event.
Highlighting the power of multi-dimensional demography, this Advanced Introduction addresses the most consequential changes in our societies and economies using quantitative approaches. It defines three demographic theories with predictive power – demographic metabolism, transition and dividend – and repositions the discipline at the heart of social science.
This Advanced Introduction is a must-read for demographers around the globe, as well as students of demography at all levels. It will also be useful to academics in other social sciences, including human geography, development studies and sociology scholars interested in what state-of-the-art demography has to offer their fields.
At the online event, co-organized by International Union for the Scientific Study of Population (IUSSP) , Population Europe and Wittgenstein Centre for Demography and Global Human Capital (IIASA, OeAW, University of Vienna) the author will present the textbook and will discuss his theses with five internationally renowned researchers working at the universities of Berkeley, Bocconi, Stanford, Singapore and the Collegio de Mexico, as well as with the audience.
Date: 5 November 2021 (15:00-16:00 CET).
Link to registration: https://population-europe.eu/book-launch-wolfgang-lutz
For more details visit event page
Wolfgang Lutz, Advanced Introduction to Demography (Elgar Advanced Introductions series), Edward Elgar Publishing: Cheltenham, Northampton, Massachusetts 2021
- Alicia Adsera, Senior Research Scholar and Lecturer in Economics and Public Affairs, Princeton School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University
- Francesco C. Billari, Professor of Demography and Dean of the Faculty at Bocconi University, Milan, Honorary President of the European Association for Population Studies
- Joshua R. Goldstein, Director of the Berkeley Population Center and Professor of Demography, University of California, Berkeley
- Leiwen Jiang, Founding director and Professor, Asian Demographic Research Institute, Shanghai University, Shanghai, China, and Senior Associate, Population Council, New York
- Landy Lizbeth Sánchez Peña, Chair of the Center for Demographic, Urban and Environmental Studies, El Colegio de México, Mexico City
- Andreas Edel, Executive Secretary of Population Europe and Research Scientist at the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research
- Nico van Nimwegen, Secretary General, International Union for the Scientific Study of Population
University Museum of Natural History, Oxford
Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Pakistan
Grand Gongda Jianguo Hotel (No.100 Pingleyuan, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China)