IIASA APPLICATION PROCEDURE
1) Candidates are required to develop and submit a research proposal that interfaces their own research interests with the research agenda of one of the various activities pursued at IIASA.
IIASA embarked on a new strategy at the start of 2021 including a new structure of research programs and research groups. We are working to reflect this new structure on the IIASA website which currently shows IIASA research programs for 2016 to 2020.
Please explore the research areas currently present on the IIASA website to identify areas of possible research themes/interests that would fit into your developing research proposals. We encourage applicants to identify and reach out to IIASA researchers to discuss their proposals and identify potential supervisors early on in the process.
We suggest to look at the application form, frame the proposed according to the questions there, and then send an introductory e-mail. This is vital, not only to discuss research ideas and ascertain their relevance to IIASA but also to ensure more realistic research plans and expectations on the part of both IIASA and the applicant.
2) Candidates should have held their PhD for less than five years at the application deadline. However, eligibility is extended under the following circumstances.
3) IIASA does not do lab-type research and therefore has no labs. Also please note that the fellowship requires you to be present at IIASA; please do not apply if you need to stay away from the institute for you research, or expect IIASA to fund field research.
4) Before applying please also have a look at our postdoctoral fellowship guidelines.
5) IIASA selection criteria:
Quality of the research
Novelty of the research
For questions related to the NRF Korea application procedure please contact:
Mr. Sungbeen Park
Researcher, International Exchange Programs Team
National Research Foundation of Korea
Last edited: 03 March 2021
IIASA ACTIVITIES WITH THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA
ON THE BLOG
Posts by postdocs at IIASA
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
Phone: (+43 2236) 807 0 Fax:(+43 2236) 71 313