- 30 October 2019
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is looking for freelance graphic designers/artworkers to take on occasional print and digital design work.
Tasks are varied and may involve infographics, figures, graphical abstracts, text setting, and report covers, ensuring that designs consistently correspond with the IIASA brand and visual style guide. Knowledge of animation and video a plus.
You will be working with the Communications team remotely, specifically the graphic designer at IIASA, to accomplish design work in a fast-paced manner.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Graphic Design or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience, including experience in scientific/research visualization.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to plan and schedule assignments to meet deadlines.
Please send your CV/Resume, along with a PDF portfolio (preferably no longer than 10 pages and under 10MB) or a link to your online design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your desired rate in your application.
Examples of design work
IIASA is an international scientific institute that conducts research into the critical issues of global environmental, economic, technological, and social change that we face in the twenty-first century. Our findings provide valuable options to policymakers to shape the future of our changing world. IIASA is independent and funded by scientific institutions in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe.